subclass n : (biology) a taxonomic category below a class and above an order
- In the context of "transitive|computing": In object-oriented programming, to create a subclass of.
Subclass may refer to:
- Subclass (biology), a taxonomic rank intermediate between class and superorder
- Subclass (computer science), a class that is derived from another class or classes
- Subclass (database theory), a class which inherits its data members and methods of their superclasses
- Subclass (set theory), a class contained in some other class in the same way that a subset is a set contained in some other set.
subclass in Italian: Sottoclasse
subclass in Dutch: Onderklasse
subclass in Japanese: サブクラス
subclass in Simple English: Subclass